The Trustee for Alpha Components Unit Trust T/A Alpha Suspensions is seeking for a Full-Time Metal Fabricator to join our Business.
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- selecting, cleaning, and preparing metal stock by filing, chiselling and grinding
- Fabricating and constructing metal components.
- Grinding and finishing completed products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame-cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, flame cutters, brakes, and shears.
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work.
- Performing quality checks on completed products.
- Conforming with state and company safety regulations.
- Completing job reports.
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting, and riveting
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration, and precision
Skills and qualifications
- Trade qualification in metal fabrication or equivalent trade-related qualification
- Work to a high standard with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team and without supervision.
- Effective communication skills
- At least three years of highly relevant experience as a Fabricator
- Must be able to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Maintain a clean, safe workspace and observe OHS policies and procedures
Please include a current resume and supporting documents in your application. Three current referees would be required. Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.